Pages

Friday, January 04, 2013

What would you do for love? part 2

In a previous post I asked the question: "what would you do for love?" At the time, we were making a sacrificial choice for family born of the heart. I deeply love this family, they are still an important part of my life.

Some folks questioned this choice, asking why any of this was my responsibility. They often told me the responsibility should belong to someone else. I wrote about this in a post titled, who's responsible?

I am facing a similar situation today. There has been a young woman who recently entered our lives. She is experiencing a tough time. In recent months we have provided food, shelter, rides, and companionship. It doesn't matter that we are not related and, frankly, didn't know one another a couple of months ago.

I believe when someone is in need we should do what we can to help them. I am trying to live out that belief. Is it easy? Not at all. Is it rewarding? Rarely. Is it important? I believe it is of the utmost importance -a matter of life and death - and of eternal value.

I write this post, not to brag on myself - but to encourage others to do what they can for another. It matters a LOT. Be there for someone. They need you.

just Sheri, attempting to be there for another

No comments:

Post a Comment