Pages

Friday, January 07, 2011

year in review: abounding kindness

The theme for 2010 was abounding kindness.  I received a comment on that post earlier this week asking, "how'd it go?"

By focusing on kindness, I have become more aware of kind acts demonstrated by others:


I was the recipient of kindness:

I have struggled with the issue of beggars and (finally) came to a conclusion:

Sometimes kindness doesn't have to be demonstrated through grand gestures, but rather through simple acts - a smile is universal. And sometimes we miss those opportunities - respect for the elderly.

I hope the year of abounding kindness resulted in a kinder Sheri. However, it still doesn't come naturally to me and requires some effort - so there is plenty of room for improvement.

How about you, how did you do on your new year's resolution for 2010? Do you even remember what it was?

Just Sheri, a work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment