Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Quotable Quotes

I've become increasingly concerned about the state of our union (not my marriage, but the country I live in). I see a decline in values, an increase in corruption (just look at the number of political appointees and candidates who had to withdrawal recently due to improper conduct), an embrace of "group think" where it is easier to go with the flow than to stand for anything that might be different, and a vulnerability to deception (we believe just about everything we read on the Internet or hear on the news). Then I read this...
The safest road to hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts.

C.S. Lewis, author


Am I just being paranoid, or is America working it's way in to irrelevancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment