Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

thank God for girlfriends!

In case you haven't noticed from the tone of my blog, I've been having a rough time lately. Things at home and at work have been difficult. I am sure that moving to the other side of the world ranks pretty high on those stress level tests that rate difficult experiences. Here's what I learned, I am blessed with good girlfriends.

On Thanksgiving, after reading my less than enthusiastic blog post - I got a phone call from Africa to try and cheer me up. After a particularly hard week where I thought I had nothing left to give, a girlfriend said to me " you need a break." I agreed with her but admitted that I didn't have the energy left to plan time away. She reserved a room for me on the coast and insisted I go. When Kenyon refused to go with me, the same girlfriend who gave me a call from Africa hopped on a bus and met me at the beach so I wouldn't be alone. Being alone ended up not being a problem. My neighbor and girlfriend also stayed a few extra days to hang out with us. My first night there I was with a group of eight people eating the tastiest barbecued barracuda, listening to the ocean and in awe of how God surrounds us with people to meet our needs.

As I write this, I am grateful beyond words for the gift of girlfriends and the kindness they have shown me. It refreshed my soul. My circumstances still aren't wonderful, the struggles haven't ceased, but I know I am not in this alone. I am surrounded by amazing ladies. Thanks gals for the gift of your friendship! I hope to return the favor one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment