Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Leadership Summit: TD Jakes

By far my favorite speaker this year was TD Jakes. At the end of his talk I was in tears, and I mean one of those ugly cries with snot coming out your nose. Obviously, what he had to say touched me. I can't add to it, so I will just share the highlights of his powerful words.

Sometimes it's hard to be the encourager. The one you are encouraging leaves with your courage and you are left discouraged. (I have been there)

Sometimes you will feel tired, depleted and operating in the red (done that)

What you have is a God who can help you so you can help them; give you passion so they can have passion; fire so they will burn. (needed that)

"When my heart is overwhelmed,
I go to the rock which is higher than me.
Renew my strength. Increase my faith."

It seems to be working.


Psalm 62: 1-3 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment