Pages

Thursday, March 01, 2012

In rememberance...

This week my birth dad would have celebrated his 56th birthday. But in January, his children, siblings and friends attended a memorial service to commemorate the end of his life instead.

I spent most of the previous three decades estranged from this man. But, I still remember him with fondness. He never met a stranger - everyone was a friend. He had a LARGE laugh and was often joking. He was passionate about the gold industry; where he built his career. He always wanted to be a father of four...he left behind four children, two boys and two girls - of which I am the oldest. His life dream was to own a Dunkin Donuts franchise. When I was a young girl he attended the training to explore the possibility and the last time I saw him in November he was still talking about this as a life dream. When he found something he really liked, he wanted to share it with everyone he knows.

Death of a loved one is never easy. Death by suicide leaves lives fragmented.

In memory of David Stacy...


This photo was taken while touring the gold mine where he worked.


2 comments:

  1. Really nice, thank you for sharing. May he rest in paradise .

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sheri....that's tough. I'm really sorry for your loss and his =( As always, I love your heart!

    ReplyDelete