Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Vietnamese Coconut Dessert - WOW!

My student continues to expose me to Vietnamese cuisine. 

Last week she shared with me the most amazing thing - a coconut dessert. It was like a party in my mouth. I don't know what she did to that coconut water to make it smooth like pudding with a gelatin layer. Then she froze it. She told me it is best cold. I was hooked by the first bite. Oh my! It was sooooo tasty!

I have told her that she must tell me how she made this wonderful creation. She promised to share her secret.

Affinity for coconut was an acquired taste for me, but now I LOVE it. Coconut in any form is wonderful, this is now top of my list - trumping the previous number one of coconut ice cream from Bangkok, Thailand or coconut shakes in Battambong, Cambodia.

just Sheri, grateful for the hospitality


1 comment:

  1. What is the name of the Vietnamese Coconut Dessert!!!??
    Please!

    ReplyDelete