Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

is it medical?

We have not gone to a doctor to find out if there is a problem; partially, because we live in the developing world and such things are difficult to diagnose here and infertility treatments would also be difficult. Partially, because I was hoping it would just happen without complications. Honestly, who thinks they are going to have trouble getting pregnant? That is not generally someone's first assumption. Will there be a medical intervention in our future? I don't know.

I have found this experience to be faith growing. It isn't easy to hope for something year after year that doesn't seem to become reality - for whatever reason. There have been times that I tried to squash the desire for children. There have been times I thought it would just be easier if I didn't want it. Hoping hurts when it is hope deferred. I've had many chats with God about this. Many questions related to why it hasn't happened? The only answer I received is found in Luke 18:1.

I believe God is asking me to "always pray and not lose heart." Praying keeps hope alive, but as I mentioned before, hoping hurts. I keep praying through the pain. Will I get what I am asking for? I don't know. But, I will keep hoping.

1 comment: