Pages

Monday, April 05, 2010

bits of my weekend - volume 1

A few months ago Kenyon and I were weighing our options and one strong contender was a return to the United States. At that time I found this blog. New York City was a strong possibility as we could both find the kind of work we want to do there. As we considered the cost of living, the taxes, the possible commute times, etc, we were less excited. I continue to read this blog and like the idea of sharing photos from the weekend. Here is my first installment of bits of my weekend...it may continue as a weekly event or show up from time to time. We'll see...

This was an unusual weekend. Our last in Cambodia and also Easter weekend. I had intended to take lots of pictures. I failed to do that, but this small selection gives you an idea of my last weekend in Cambodia.
movers came, our stuff is on the way to Africa
attended a joint Easter service with some girlfriends - Jenni and Erin. I am gong to miss these ladies!
following lunch at a great Mexican restaurant we visited the local foot massage parlor. following the foot massage we visited Beautiful shoes. each of the ladies had a pair shoes made  like the ones I am wearing in the picture. These are a copy of one of Lesley's shoes - handcrafted shoes, $5 one hour foot massages, good friends - there are so many things I will miss about Asia!
 Saying good-bye is rough! We haven't been here long, but I had a great community of ladies to hang with. We support each other in many ways. Going through this experience, of trying to live in a foreign land and learn a new language, is very bonding. Their friendship has sustained me many times. Ladies, thank you for the gift of your friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment