Pages

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

chum-reap-lee-ahh (good-bye in Khmer)

Today, we leave Cambodia on our way to Mozambique, Africa.
This was not part of the original plan. I originally thought we would be in Cambodia at least one year...but plans can unexpectedly change.

In Cambodia, the formal way to say good-bye is hands together in a praying position and say, "chum reap lee ahh." (Ronald McDonald, from Bangkok, and I are demonstrating this on the right) So, I find myself formally saying good-bye to Cambodia.

In my old role I visited Mozambique a few times. In fact, it was the last country I visited before making the move to Cambodia. There are many things to like about Mozambique and I look forward to discovering this new location and getting to know the staff teams there.

Change seems to be a constant in our lives. I can tell you - no matter how many times I have to do it - saying good-bye never gets easier. Many tears have been shed about this change as I have really enjoyed serving with the staff teams here. I will miss them dearly.

Good-bye, Cambodia! Thanks for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment