Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Myanmar mystery rash

Just about every person who traveled to Myanmar developed a rash. It started with a few red bumps, those few bumps turned in to many bumps...for some it became severe in one area, for others it spread all over the body. The onset happened in the delta, the sight of the recent cyclone. Eight of ten travelers were stricken with it. Once the crew returned to the States the rash disappeared.

I was one of the lucky ones who remained rash free throughout the trip - but don't measure things by me. We could go out to eat, everyone else will get food poisining symptoms or diarrhea and I will feel fine. I have a stomach of steal. We will be driving bumpy roads in the no frills land rovers, bouncing around in the back while we face sideways on the seats, everyone else will get motion sickness, but I feel fine. I take my good health for granted, but I do think these are just ways God physically created me in order to do what he has called me to do. Not that you have to have characteristics like a stomach of steal to do this work, but it helps.

So, back to the rash. Are there any infectious disease doctors out there that have heard of this? I'm really curious about this mystery and wonder if there is someone who can explain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment