Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Me and God

I don't normally listen to country music. In fact, when I'm the car and have control of the radio (which only happens when I'm alone) I choose to listen to NPR or some other news related program so I can keep up on the events of the world.

I was recently driving in a rural area and the only station I could get was a country station...you know what I'm talking about, I'm sure it's happened to you before. That is when I heard this amazing song by Josh Turner. The song spoke to my soul. If you have known me a while, you should know by now that my faith and belief in God cannot be seperated from who I am. God has been so much a part of my life from a young age that my belief in Him shapes my worldview and the decisions I make daily. This song is about that relationship; leaning on God in times of need, having that relationship being such an intregal part of life that nothing can compromise it...me and God. I've discovered that to be the most important relationship of my life, it seems that Josh Turner has too.

I found an amateur video online to accompany the lyrics: take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment