Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

You know you live in a small town when...

The opening of a TJMaxx store is creating a buzz all over town. I know people who scheduled their lives around opening day. Everyone was talking about it. Now that the store has arrived it is one of the few places to shop in our town, all other shopping is at least a 30 minute drive.

I have observed something positive about living in such a small town with limited amenities - it is a cure for materialism. I want nothing, because nothing is available. I was recently in a larger town and saw the variety of restaurant options, I wanted to try them all. I saw the pretty clothes in the shop windows and wanted to have them all. I realized then that living in a town with limited restaurant and shopping options could be a good thing - I spend considerably less money on "stuff."

No comments:

Post a Comment