Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

coincidence?

A few weeks ago Kenyon had to attend a training session in Charlotte. It was a prerequisite to applying for an EMT job. In June, Kenyon successfully passed the NC state exam on the first attempt and is working his way through the checklist of requirements to apply. I decided to spend the weekend with Kenyon in Charlotte and we rented a hotel room. Sunday morning I dropped him off at class and decided I would drop in on a church in the area. I saw a sign for a church meeting at a near by school, so I stopped in. This was the church and this is their pastor.

This week I was in Atlanta for work. To my surprise, this young pastor, Steven Furtick of Elevation Church, was one of the speakers. He gave an impassioned message that has stuck with me. He talked about how God gives us a promise for the future, something that stirs our soul. We start down the path, but before we reach the pay off we often experience challenges. He was encouraging the leaders in the audience to be faithful in the process between the promise and the payoff. In Pastor Steven's words: "God is preparing you for what He's prepared for you; don't faint in the process."

Powerful words and a great reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment