Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Sri Lanka

Currently, I am in Sri Lanka. I arrived Saturday morning. In the days I have been here there have been three reported bombings - one near our hotel the day after we left, one near the city we are visiting. We haven't seen any of this, only heard reports of the effects. That isn't the intended subject of this post.

I love travel (though I am currently traveling too much and would welcome some time at home). Travel can be tough, but I like to find the humor in it. Often there are English signs or publications with mispellings that make me chuckle, this is because they were created by someone whose first language isn't English (it's probably their third or fourth language - I envy that!).

Anyway, I wanted to share some things from this trip. We were at a restaurant and the menu read:

Carrbbean Cold Slow ( I think they meant cole slaw because that is what I was served)

or

chili con carni (like the carnival employee there are so many jokes about. I wonder what that tastes like? Probably cigarettes.)

Hope you find them as amusing as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment