Pages

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Inspirational quotes

One of my favorite sources for inspirational quotes is Teddy Roosevelt. His quotes are always action oriented - they address failure as a learning opportunity, not as a defining moment. This week I am attending the Willow Creek Leadership Summit. It is a time to refresh my spirit and be inspired by other leaders. I expect this year to be like past years and leave with some innovative ideas.

Tomorrow morning an opening presentation is on decision making. Teddy has a quote on that:

"In any moment of decision,
the best thing you can do is the right thing.
The worst thing you can do is nothing."
--Theodore Roosevelt

I don't know who the author of the quote is, but I often heard people say, "choosing to do nothing is still a choice." I choose to do something and if it doesn't work out, I learn from the mistake and keep going.

2 comments:

  1. did you attend a satellite? if you were in Chicago and i didn't know it, that would be terrible! i went to willow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I attended a satellite site. I would have loved to go to the women in ministry session. If you have any tidbits to share, please pass them along.

    ReplyDelete