Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Lemon Meringue

This weekend Kenyon gave me a wonderful gift - okay, many wonderful gifts, but I'm particularly grateful for a specific one. Friday he bought me a coat from my "wish list" with a matching scarf, hat, and glove set. And it's not even Christmas! He just showed up with it! Saturday, he cooked an elaborate meal while I was studying at the library (I was there open to close. Ugh!). I came home to salad, pork chops, chicken breast, alfredo pasta, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn bread, blueberry muffins, apple cinnamon muffins, and...fresh lemon meringue pie. I can't think of anything so romantic as a home lemon meringue pie. Very impressive! My definition of romance has changed over the years. Rather than fancy dinners, exotic locations, and elaborate gifts - it includes thoughtful gifts from the heart, like a homemade lemon meringue pie. It was such a thoughtful gift and refreshing after a long, grueling, unpleasant day of studying. What a man! Pardon my bragging, I just had to share. I've been enjoying my pie all week. I finished it off last night, enjoying the last piece for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment