Pages

Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Carol(ing)

Saturday was my first weekend without studying in months. It was nice to wake up without an agenda and mile-long to-do list to greet me. In the afternoon Kenyon and I went to see the Christmas Carol at the Missouri Repertory theatre. Over the years, I've been to this show twice before with my friend Elaine. It is a great production of this holiday classic. Very festive and appropriate for the holiday. They had Christmas carolers singing in the lobby before and after the show just beside a giant Christmas tree. A few short hours after the Christmas Carol, Kenyon and I attended a Christmas cantata featuring Gamil Sidhom (married to my good friend Yasmine). This was a big event for Gamil - an Egyptian native, this was his first singing event in the USA. He used to sing opera and in the choir in his home country. The other thing that made this event significant, it was not in the Orthodox church. For both cultural and religious reasons this was a big deal. Kenyon and I were part of a small cheering section for Gamil, with Yasmine sitting by our side. These Christmas caroling events definitely got me in the spirit of Christmas. Merry Christmas to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment