Pages

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day

It is Christmas Day and I'm sitting in an airport. I am on my way from New Mexico to Kansas City. This was my first trip home for Christmas in five years. In the eight years I've lived in Kansas it is my second Christmas at home...hard to believe but true. Kenyon accompanied me. He got to see the places where I grew up and participate in some of the traditions. One major Christmas tradition is the Canyon Road faralito walk. Canyon Road is the art district in Santa Fe. The City shuts the road down to vehicular traffic and the citizens walk the streets in festive wear singing Christmas songs around campfires. The galleries are decorated with lights and faralitos. This year my family wore Santa hats so we could spot each other in the crowd. It is a Christmas tradition I love and I was happy to be a part of it this year.

This is a photo of one of the decorated buildings from our walk. Unique. Isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment