Pages

Monday, September 25, 2006

World of Children Prayer Warriors

In mid-September I traveled to New Mexico to support my 9 year old cousin Kiana. She has started an organization called the "World of Children Prayer Warriors" - the purpose is to encourage children in the United States to pray for other children around the world. My mom and aunts participated in a fashion show at the event. We had a great time. The kids who attended listened attentively for over an hour - that's an accomplishment for grade school aged children! Also in the audience were many longtime family friends - one I have known most of my life. In high school she met with me early in the morning and taught me sign language. She attended my high school graduation. In college and beyond she would send encouraging postcards once per month. These postcards would often lift my spirits at difficult times. This woman has been a source of strength and encouragement in my life. It was nice to have her there, still supporting me all these years later.

It was also nice to spend time with family (again). I've seen them more this year than I ever have since moving to Kansas eight years ago. My birthday is coming up - I had the privilege of celebrating with my family in Santa Fe. We went to dinner, had ice cream cake, and enjoyed each others company. A start to a week long birthday celebration - I'm a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment