Pages

Friday, December 07, 2012

Need to know basis only

When I used to lead teams on international trips I would tell them they are on a "need to know basis." To me that meant, I would tell them what they needed to know just before they needed the information - usually the morning of.

I think God is doing that to me now. There was a time when I used to have a clear end destination - a defined calling: international work with women and children affected by HIV and AIDS. This calling followed a predictable path; I caught a vision, worked toward it for a period of years, knowing this would be my future and I wanted to be ready when the opportunity presented itself; the opportunity presented itself and I was ALL in, loving every minute of the adventure and the people I was serving with.

Then God asked me to give it up for the unknown. That was in 2009. I have tried to make other things that interest me fit - that didn't work. I have tried to settle in to normal and forget there was ever anything more - that didn't work either. Instead, I am more like the Israelites wandering in the dessert; following a cloud and unsure where the final destination will be, or when I might get there.

Apparently, I have been put on a "need to know" basis. I get marching orders for the day and then it is up to me to carry them out. I much prefer a clearly defined destination, but I trust the One who is higher than I to lead me.

just Sheri, wandering in the dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment