Pages

Monday, February 06, 2012

What's that? a payphone

Recently I was waiting at the metro stop for my train, when what do I see? A payphone! A payphone? Do you remember these?

I thought the advent of the cell phone had done away with such things. Yet, there was the phone. It seemed out of place. It peaked my interest and curiosity.

I picked up the receiver just to see if it worked. Yes, it had a ringtone. I wondered if anyone ever used it. Definitely not in the time I was standing there waiting for my train. 

In case you're wondering, the cost is $0.50. So, the lyrics of a popular song would have to change to "here's TWO quarters. Call someone who cares." But, I suppose that could work...if they could find a payphone.


It isn't often I have a payphone sighting. I simply had to take a picture. When was the last time you saw a working payphone? Better yet, when was the last time you saw someone using a payphone?

just Sheri, strange sightings and curiosities

No comments:

Post a Comment