Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Adventures in Africa: Zavora beach

Recently, Kenyon and I took a road trip to Zavora beach with the Whitlocks and Henrik. At night the stars were amazing and in the day the beach was breathtaking. Here are some photos from our trip.

Sea kyakers! I am jealous. After trying sea kyaking in Cambodia I am hooked. Can't wait unitl I can do it again. It is the first water sport I've tried and really like.

Kenyon and Gabby drawing while we wait for the scuba divers to return. I sure am happy I packed an outdoor blanket and portable chairs in America. They were nice to have at the beach!

B-e-a-utiful!

Home-made toys are very popular in Africa. I think many of the creators are Engineers in the making...if only life would afford them that opportunity. This kid made a toy car out of a stick, a plastic bottle, some bottle caps and other things we would just throw away.
A common sight in Africa. Young women with a baby on their back.
What a view!
A wonderful weekend get away and one of the cleanest, nicest beaches I've ever seen.
The drive was an adventure, but the destination is a relaxing get away. I am sure this will not be our last visit to Zavora...though it will be without our travel companions, the Whitlocks. They are moving back to the US in July. We will miss them, but intend to keep in touch regardless of which side of the ocean we live on.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, we will keep in touch! I love that photo of Kenyon and Gabriela. I didn't get that on my camera. (Hint. Hint.)

    ReplyDelete