Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Interesting International Facts

I arrived in South Africa the end of July on my way to Mozambique. This is one of the few African countries that doesn't require foreigners to have a visa. Usually, I can get the visa on entry by paying $25, $30, $40 or $50 on arrival. I've often felt it was less of a security check and more of a money making scheme. South Africa charges nothing. I like that.

So, I've returned to the Joburg airport almost a week to the day of when I left it. They have taken it a step further, not only is there no visa required, there wasn't even a paper customs form to fill out. Passport check swipes your passport, then move on to bag claim. It reduces my hassles as a traveler, but that seems pretty trusting to rely entirely on a computer system with no paper trail. Hmmm...

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile mobile.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment