Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dear Southwest Airlines,



I am an avid traveler and in these days of delays, cancellations and fees for every service - you are a breath of fresh air! I haven't flown with Southwest in qute a while because they are a domestic airline and most of my flights are international. I have a vacation coming up and was aghast at the price of plane tickets and the difficulty of using my airmiles. I decided to visit your website to compare prices. I was able to get two round trip tickets for nearly the price of one ticket on any other carrier. After I purchased the tickets I realized I needed to alter the return flight. I called customer service and they said, you can do this online and there was no fee. I would only be responsible for any difference in price. The process was so easy, and instead of paying anything extra, I have a credit. I couldn't believe you don't charge a change fee. You don't charge for bags. You don't charge for seat preference. Yes, in these days of travel hassles and frustrations, Southwest Airlines, you are a breath of fresh air. I'm certain this also explains why you are one of the few airlines making a profit. Thank you Southwest Airlines for making travel fun again!

3 comments:

  1. I KNOW! I heart Southwest. I use them all the time, but just the other day I discovered their no fee for flight changes for the first time. I had to make a flight change and return flight ended up being cheaper than when I originally booked it -- giving $10 credit toward a next flight. This kind of customer service (and love for their customers) if unheard of it any other airline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get where everyone is finding these cheap southwest fares...I always find either cheaper or just as cheap domestic flights with any of the other carriers. I do like the no change fee and no baggage fees...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently took a flight on Southwest and I wasn't charged a fee for my bag. I traveled last week on a different airline and was charged a $15 fee each way when I checked my luggage. I agree that Southwest is a "Breath of fresh air!"

    ReplyDelete