Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Serenity

Serenity is definately something I need. Webster defines it as "quite, calm, peaceful." Quite and calm only happen in my life as I'm sleeping - which usually isn't for long. You've probably heard the Serenity Prayer before, but have you heard the whole thing? Here is what you are likely familiar with.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

But wait, there's more...

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen


This, I can do - give it to God, take moment by moment, only do what I can do and know that it is all part of a bigger picture. Now, if I would stop over scheduling my life I might actually achieve serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment