Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Valentine's elf?

What might a Valentine's elf look like? I'm taking suggestions, because I think I'm going to wear a costume next year while I deliver v-day gifts to single women. This year, at one of the offices I visited a co-worker of one of the delivery reciepients said, "She's back. The Valentine's elf comes every year." Imagine an office full of people working and the Valeninte's elf walks in. Just so you know, I refuse to wear an adult diaper like cupid. I don't think that is an appropriate v-day elf costume. What's your vision of the Valentine's elf? I'd love to hear about it.

This year I couldn't afford flowers, so instead I delivered conversational hearts. I found some that were written in Spanish. Cool! I had a great time keeping my tradition as the holiday delivery person. I'm already looking forward to it next year. What's great is that many of the women have come to anticipate it. One single mom said, "I woke up this morning and wondered if you'd show up." Of course! I love that she anticipated it. It gives her something to look forward to, rather than think about what she is missing out on. At another office where I visited a single gal whose never been married, but would really like to be I found her empty desk so I left a note and the gift. As I was leaving I saw her in the hall talking with a co-worker. I said, "I left something on your desk." She walked off with a smile and a pep in her step. The co-worker told me they were just talking about how much she hates this holiday because it makes her feel lonely. What timing!

I hope you know how special you are, even if you don't have a special someone to recognize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment