Pages

Friday, January 26, 2007

My favorite place on earth

I decided on this recent trip to India that Light of Love Children's home is my favorite place on earth. I love the people. I love the climate. It is said that Disneyland is the happiest place on earth, but its not - the happiest place is with the children in Tuni.

On this trip I taught the 400+ children to say "I love you" in American sign language. It was overwhelming to receive that message in return. It was great to walk to the campus and be able to tell children up close or from a distance, "I love you." On my first trip a few years ago the children were uncomfortable receiving hugs, now hugs and kisses are the norm and we have progressed to saying these precious words.
I am part of a very large family in India. To some I am "sister," to some I am "mommy," to all I am "friend." What an amazing gift to be part of such a large and loving family!

No comments:

Post a Comment