Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fall Activities

Obviously I am a bit behind in updating the blog, but life hasn't slowed down. Here are some of the highlights from the fall season.

I took a road trip with these lovely ladies to Colonial Williamsburg.

It was Ms. Josephine in white that opened my eyes to the ways Americans lock themselves in their homes creating a voluntary prison.


At a dinner party I was reminded how our palletes are influenced by what we are exposed to...this young man was dunking sushi in soy sauce the way most kids dunk chicken nuggets in ketchup.


Kenyon and I spent some time exploring the District. We went to a Smithsonian museum known as "the castle." I am sure you can see why from the picture.


We also made a stop at the botanic garden. Which is where I learned about carnivorous plants.


The botanic garden is across the street from the capital building. I took a picture because it was looking particularly regal that day. Each time I see the capital building, I still feel like I am having a celebrity sighting. I want to say, "Hey look, there's the capital!"
My dear friend Phim took me to the fish market at the wharf. I felt like I had been transported back to Psar Toul Tom Poun in Phnom Pen, Cambodia.


Every year I set aside time to participate in the Global Leadership Summitt. This year the destination was Kansas City. I had the privilege of participating in the annual event with one of my sister friends. This was a photo from dinner with ladies who encourage and inspire me.

While Kenyon was between jobs, we took some time to date (again). This photo is from a double date with Joyce and Victor at the National Harbor.

Another date was an inaugural visit to the county fair. We saw lots of curiosities - a fuzzy chicken, acrobats, and this...fried Kool-Aid. We didn't order any, but I do wonder what that is all about. Can anyone explain this to me?

I also took a trip with my adopted dad to a warmer climate.

These are just a few of the fall activities that occupied my time, and the people who make life enjoyable.

just Sheri, blessed with wonderful memories and relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment