Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Everyday Heroes

This weekend I met two women worth writing about. The first survived an extremely violent marriage and has dedicated her life to helping single mothers of all backgrounds.

The second declared, "I love the elderly!" She then told a story of how after work, she visited daily with a woman in a nursing home. The two women were not related. The protagonist of my story knew the elderly woman's family lived out of state and didn't want her to be lonely. This was particularly impressive to me as I had been at an assisted living facility last week for work and saw the residents light up when visitors came.

The gift of your time can make a HUGE difference! Giving time to something you're passionate about changes the world.

just Sheri, excited to hear about folks living out their passion

NOTE: the Everyday Heroes series on this blog is an idea to share stories of normal people engaging in acts of kindness. I want to draw attention to kindness because I believe it is what changes the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment