Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Found: a female dominant profession

I know that I have mentioned it before, but my new job is in a hospital. At orientation the male to female ratio was 9 females to one male. I continue to notice the landslide gender imbalance in my favor. The president of the hospital where I work is a female, as are most of the VP's.

I work for a foundation and at each meeting I attend with others in my field I am keenly aware of the female dominance.

This is VERY new to me. I started my career in technology, which is heavily male dominant...it seems that since then women in my chosen professions seem to be the minority. Not anymore. I have found a profession where women rule - health care. Yes, most of the doctors I have seen are men, but that is a topic for another day.

just Sheri, part of the dominant group (for the first time)

No comments:

Post a Comment