Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Power of a Whisper

Isaiah 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left,
your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,
“This is the way; walk in it.”


 
I recently finished reading an inspiring book called "The Power of a Whisper" by Bill Hybels. It may seem crazy to some to admit to hearing voices. But, I believe that Providence has guided my life and led me on this great adventure.  The author describes a similar experience in his own life. Is there any other reason we would uproot (again) and leave the known for the unknown? No rational reason that I know of, it just simply doesn't add up on a spreadsheet. I have never regretted following the leading of my God and I enjoyed reading stories of others who have responded to the call.
 
Bill closes the book with the following quote:
Listen up. Follow through. And then join your heavenly Father on a whisper-fueled adventure you'll never regret.
Will you accept the challenge?

Just Sheri, attempting to obey quiet promptings from the unseen

No comments:

Post a Comment