Pages

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"refreshing" showers

Each morning I am awakened by a "refreshing" shower. What that means is it is cold, really cold, take your breath away kind of cold. There are days when it does take some determination to get in. But, what I've discovered is these cold showers do serve a purpose in our new location.

At the end of a hot day when I have been sweating profusely and feel like there is a layer of dirt stuck to the drying sweat. At those moments, I find the cold shower incredibly refreshing.

When my mosquito bites itch to the point that I want to scratch the first (and possibly the second) layer of skin off...a cold shower makes that terrible feeling go away. It eases the itching sensation.

Caroline, our host and tour guide, mentioned that back home in Australia she would take a hot shower at the end of a hot day, but she never found it refreshing. She's discovered the cure truly is a cold shower.

So, if you're sweaty and hot and need to feel fresh, I recommend a cold shower. It will do wonders for your condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment