Pages

Saturday, November 03, 2007

A moments notice...

I'm learning in my new job that life can change in a moment. Yesterday, I had some plans for Monday and Tuesday. I had some meetings scheduled and I had been invited to visit the Boone Service League meeting in the evening. My boss came to me and said, "what are you doing Tuesday?" I told her I had some meetings. She said, "can you move them?" Yeah, what's going on. "I need you in DC for a meeting that day." Bam! Just like that my schedule is rearranged and tickets are purchased. My plane leaves at 6:30am Tuesday and I return to NC at 9pm the same day. In that day I have three meetings one after another. The meeting I was originally flying in for is at the State House. Yup, I'm having a meeting at the statehouse with some big wigs in Congress. It was an invitation only meeting. Sounds impressive, huh? Mostly it was a major inconvenience for me but a necessary part of my new job.

The lesson I learned. Your schedule is not your own. Life can change on a moments notice...consider yourself warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment