Pages

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Women of Distinction

Last year I was nominated by one of my students as a woman of distinction...it was an honor just to be nominated. Ironically, I had nominated the same student that year and she was selected. Well, this year I was nominated by one of my professors and selected. Kenyon asked if I get money for it. No, I don't. I get my photo taken for a calendar (it is very tastefully done and we are fully clothed) and they write up our accomplishments next to our photo. I can also add it to my resume as an award or accomplishment - out of a large number of women, I was chosen as a woman of distinction.

The semester is almost over. Friday I completed and turned in my large, and very painful, paper. I have one more small paper to do, then I'm finished with school until June when the summer semester begins. I cannot wait to be done!

I leave Thursday for New Mexico. I'm stopping there for one day on my way to China to visit my good friend for nearly three weeks. That is my deadline - Thursday. I must be done by Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment