Pages

Friday, November 17, 2006

the Kenyon fairy

This is how I sometimes refer to Kenyon. Why? Because he sweeps in and does nice things and leaves, unnoticed. I don't see him. I just see the results. Since my July trip to India the Kenyon fairy has been cleaning my place. I would leave for work with the ironing board out, dishes in the sink, towel and discarded clothes on the floor, bed unmade. I would come home from work with everything in place. The handiwork of the Kenyon fairy. Since starting school the Kenyon fairy has been busy! Not only does he continue to clean my place. He also shops for groceries. I open the fridge one day and it's empty. Next day its full. Same thing happens with my gas tank - empty to full with the blink of an eye. He takes out the trash, puts away laundry, does errands. I can't count the number of times this semester the Kenyon fairy has been to library for me picking up and dropping off books. I'll use this week as an example. I left last Wednesday to D.C., my place was less than clean and my gas tank was empty. Sunday night when I returned I was welcomed to a clean home. Monday on my way to school I realized I hadn't got gas and it had nearly been on empty - I look at the gauge and abra-ca-dabra...gas tank is full! The Kenyon fairy has struck again! He took mail to the post office and books to the library. He left sticky notes (needed for continuous studying), flowers and a sweet handwritten card. The bed has been made and bathroom clean, and I didn't do it. I am so lucky to have a Kenyon fairy. What would I do without him?

No comments:

Post a Comment