Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Container Garden

Another benefit of being place bound and having a home, is that I can (attempt to) plant and grow herbs or vegetables. Since my knowledge base of such things is pretty much zero, I attended a class with the master gardeners in February. I learned a lot about microbes and bacteria, organic gardening and planting-harvesting-rotation. Most of it was WAY over my head. But, I really wanted to try to grow a few things this summer. So, here is my first attempt at gardening - herbs in a container.


I also bought another small container for my favorite herb - cilantro. I really hope I can keep this alive because I use it often and would prefer not to have to buy it, at least for a few months.


I also bought a little tomato plant and put it in a pot...this one is more of an experiment. Let's try and see what happens.


I'll keep you posted on any progress.

just Sheri, amateur gardener

No comments:

Post a Comment