Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

what are you waiting for?

I recently heard a message from Pastor Steven Furtick. The topic: waiting.

Pastor Furtick challenges us to redefine waiting. Waiting isn't passive, it's active. He describes a scene of a restaurant. The "waiter" is not the one sitting at the booth, but the one carrying the tray and serving. He says, "You can spend your whole life waiting for God to do something for you, that he has already done...to give you something that is already yours."

I have witnessed this - God give me joy, wisdom, strength or favor. But, according to His word when we are in relationship with Him, obedient to His word, these things are already ours. Why are we asking for what we already have?

I have done this - God give me peace, love, or patience. In Him, I already have these things...if I let Him work in and through me.

I don't want to miss out on life, waiting for God to answer a prayer that He has already promised. I will serve Him in "the waiting room," ready for the next instruction.

just Sheri, actively waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment