Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011

For the Thanksgiving holiday this year I did not have to cook a turkey - for that I am thankful! Kenyon was on-duty at the hospital and he and the other nurses were having a feast. He requested enchiladas, that was an easy request to fill. When the enchiladas were done, I got in the car and drove to Chesapeake Bay to meet up with the Williams family. They had won time at a waterfront property in a silent auction, I benefited from their charity.

I had never been to Chesapeake Bay before, though the name was familiar. What was amazing to me is how close it is to where we live, but how it felt like it was worlds away. A true retreat.


Angela and her sister-in-law Karen had prepared a feast...and beautified the table with clippings from outside.



I got to hang with young people that I don't get to see as much as I'd like.



I am thankful for a Thanksgiving with a family I love and for the experiences they have, and continue to, share with me.

just Sheri, blessed by friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment