Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year on the eve of Thanksgiving there are a few things I am particularly thankful for...
  1. the support of my family
  2. the wealth of experiences I have been afforded in my short life
  3. the depth of friendships that I have with so many amazing, talented, strong women
  4. above all else this year, I am grateful for my health. Until recently I have completely taken for granted the fact that I am able to rise each day and do what I want to do. That I have never visited a doctor for long periods of time, but rather just annual or semi-annual check-ups. I have not been poked and proded or tested and retested. I am healthy and that is a gift - not an entitlement.
I am cooking my first Thanksgiving meal for seven this year. I will be doing this as a gift to my friend who does not share the good fortune of good health. As we sit down for a meal, I will thank God for these blessings. What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

I will write again next week. Enjoy your Thanksgiving - a wonderful (and uniquely American) holiday!

Just Sheri, counting my blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment