Pages

Friday, June 04, 2010

Nelspruit, South Africa

I am a bit behind on posting pictures. At the end of April, Kenyon and I went with the wonderful Whitlock family to Nelspruit, South Africa. We heart hangin' with the Whitlock's!

Visiting Nelspruit was like visiting another world. I haven't seen so many ammenities in months! We had some fun at the arcade outside the movie theater. The next night we went to a movie - Iron Man 2. Disappointing, in my opinion.
Dance, dance, revolution - go, boss man, go!
Shopping. Clothes. Accessories. I was most impressed by the specialty items. When I am usually struggling just to find any variety of cheese or basic ingredients for a meal, the last think I am thinking of is fudge or chocolate covered anything. Wow!
Our favorite treat that weekend - McD's apple pie. Yum! This looks like an advertisement doesn't it?
Nelspruit will definitely be a regular escape for us...a few hours on the other side of the border and it's like being transported to another world.

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'm obviously getting caught up very late, but I must say that the children and I got a kick out of this post. I started guffawing, and they all came running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was SO much fun! We love hanging out with you guys!

    Y'all are really a blessing to our family. Prayerfully this was one of many. (I am cracking up at your caption for my dad on the Dance revolution game.)

    ReplyDelete