Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Dear Google Translate

Dear Google Translate,

I have heard about you before. From time to time I would visit out of curiosity. I have come to a point where I must admit - I cannot live without you.

I rely on you to help me with daily tasks. When I am stuck, you are always there to help (unless internet access is unavailable, but that's not your fault). When I am confused, you provide clarity. Your abilities amaze me - technical health language, government documents, or directions given to me in Portuguese are translated in seconds in to English. It's like magic to my struggling mind!

Your inventor and administrators deserve a humanitarian award, as it has made working and living in a foreign land less stressful and has increased my ability to communicate and collaborate where my language skills are lacking.

Your language abilities are wonderful! I hope to rely on you less as my language abilities improve.

Sincerely,
An Expat in Mozambique

No comments:

Post a Comment