Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

dark nail polish? an unscientific poll

Recently, I painted my nails a very fashionable dark color (similar to the picture on the left). The color I picked was less black and more of a deep purple. Kenyon obviously didn't like it. How do I know? He commented on it almost everyday with a crinkle in his nose saying, "why did you paint your nails black?"

S: because I like the color.

K: a very ugly face demonstrating he obviously did not agree.

After a couple of weeks of this, when the polish began to chip, I painted my toe nails a bright pink color. Kenyon's immediate response was, "you painted your toe nails!" This time it was more of an approving tone in his voice.

A colleague commented on my bright pink toes a few days later. I told her it was obviously Kenyon's preference, I had previously had them a dark color and he didn't like it, he commented on it every day. She showed me her light pink toes and said she painted two colors. One was a dark color, which is very much in fashion, and the pink color she was sporting that day. She said her husband had nothing good to say about the dark color.

So, this is an unscientific poll, what do you think of dark nail polish? Like or dislike?

1 comment:

  1. More of a neutral fan - pale colors that mo`re closely resemble natural nails, bumped up a bit.

    ReplyDelete