Pages

Monday, February 08, 2010

just read: Zealous Love

Today, I am posting a blog first. A book review for a book project I am proud to be part of. Yeah, I wrote a contributing article to the newly released book titled, Zealous Love: A practical guide to social justice. If you haven't read it and you want to know how to get involved, or what you could possibly do to help - I'd recommend you pick up a copy, take note of which stories move you to tears, and act on those emotions as a catalyst for change in our world.

It seems strange to be promoting a personal project, but when I was asked by the editors to contribute to this project I just couldn't resist. They were speaking a language close to my heart. The purpose of the book is to give Christian's who want to make a difference in the world a practical guide to do just that - provide others with ways to get involved and mobilize them through telling personal and compelling stories of ordinary individuals, like myself who are doing whatever they can, wherever God has placed them. If you read this blog, you would know it was an instant no-brainer. Yes, yes, triple-yes!
The book description provided by the publisher is below:

Zealous Love is a response to some of the world’s urgent needs in light of Christ’s great love. Through first-hand accounts and up-to-date facts about eight global issues, Zealous Love uniquely provides readers with the information, inspiration, and involvement they crave to personally make a difference in their world.

The book addresses the issues of human trafficking, access to clean water, hospitality and compassion for refugees, global hunger, lack of educational opportunities, environmental issues, HIV and AIDS, and poverty. Many of these issues I have written on many times on this blog.

The publisher has provided a place online to continue the dialogue started in this book. You can join the conversation here.
NOTE: I get zero proceeds from the sale of this book (with the exception of a couple of copies that I gave to my family who are my biggest cheerleaders in life). I contributed because it is something I am passionate about and was honored to be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment