Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Ordinary to Extraordinary

When I was in college I had a friend in the architecture department. He had a professor that said, "architecture is about taking the ordinary (a structure) and making it extraordinary (unique, remarkable, or special)."

It seems the theme for last week was Billy Graham - we attended a 90th birthday celebration in his honor, then I had some Ethiopian visitors and they wanted to tour the Billy Graham library. We took a tour of the Billy Graham Evangelical Association and the library on Thursday. At the library, I encourage you to make it past the talking cow, behind the doors there are very inspirational messages.

I left the library with one overwhelming impression, God is in the business of taking ordinary people who are willing to commit themselves to him fully and making something extraordinary of their lives. A few years ago I wrote in my journal that I didn't want to settle for normal, I wanted to pursue a life of adventure and commit myself fully to a worthy cause. The only way I know how to accomplish this is to follow Christ. He hasn't let me down.

God, I am yours. Ordinary me. Do with me what you will. Help me make this one life I have something more than ordinary (extraordinary).

No comments:

Post a Comment