Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

A call to action

Turns out, trusting God isn't so bad. I believe he told me nearly six years ago that I would be working with women, children and HIV. I thought my job working with International HIV programs was the culmination of that dream. I was sad to leave the job, thinking I was leaving behind the dream. I'm learning that isn't true, it will just take on a new form when we reach Cambodia. The court of women trials in Indonesia that I posted on previously has concluded and this is what they have to say:

A jury of experts on Thursday called for urgent action to break the cycle of poverty, violence, trafficking and HIV that is ruining the lives of countless women, girls and communities in Southeast Asia.

My dream is alive and well...I will still be able to make a difference in the lives of women, children and those affected by HIV. I will still be able to help individuals escape the clutches of poverty. These are the things I have dedicated most of my adult life to and will continue to dedicate my life to. Thank you, God, for giving me opportunities to live out my dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment