Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Interesting International Facts: Bolivia

Did you know?

Bolivia is completely landlocked, yet they have a Navy. I am told by one of the staff there that the Navy patrol the lake. I also learned from a women from Ecuador on the airplane that the rest of South America make fun of Bolivia for it - no sea, but a navy?

Did you know?

Guinea pig does not taste like chicken. In fact, it doesn't taste like anything I've ever tried before. It is the fattiest meat I've ever eaten and tasted similar to fish oil...which was really odd to me. Someone else described it as fried baloney, but that isn't what I tasted. The worst part of eating guinea pig is what it looks like. It looks just like a dead guinea pig on a plate. It has it's claws and teeth, even the ear is recognizable. Gross, really. My friend Lorena in Ecuador really enjoys eating Guinea pig. She shared hers with me so I could try it. If you are in Ecuador, then you should try this unique meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment