Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

visit to the District Attorney

I had to visit the District Attorney(DA). I know that sounds serious and daunting, but you must remember...I live in a small town. What was the offense? I got a ticket for my tags being expired. I'll spare you the details, but basically it was a major ordeal to get a North Carolina license plate. Kansas and North Carolina rules are quite different and my transaction was caught in the middle. It took months, and months, and months to get it all worked out. In the meantime, my plates expired, I got pulled over and despite my protests the cop issued me a ticket. As you may remember, the DA of my small town deals with traffic violations. When I got all the appropriate documentation and the process sorted out. I walked in to the court house and followed the bulletin board sign to the DA's office (yes, they announce the location of her office on the bulletin board). I showed my current registration proving the process was complete, they dismissed the ticket. I thought for sure I would have a court fee or something to pay. Nope, nothing. I turned in the signed paper for dismissal to the court clerk office and I was done. The whole process took less than 20 minutes. Wow! There are some benefits to living in a small town.

No comments:

Post a Comment