Pages

Friday, June 06, 2008

return of the Blue Ant

The "blue ant" is what I call my little zoom, zoom car. Why? Because it is bright blue and tiny. Soon after I bought it in Kansas City, a friend told me she was looking out the window and saw my car, she thought, "it's so small, it's like a little ant." Hence the name.

In April the blue ant was crushed in a car accident. It had to be towed from the site and the outcome didn't look good. Due to the wonders of technology and the frugality of my insurance company - they fixed it. I recently returned from Asia and Africa and the blue ant is back. I'm kind of relieved, it gets great gas mileage and these days that is a wonderful thing. I also had no desire to go car shopping. In our small, mountain town the blue ant is very unique. One of my co-workers recently told me she loved my car, every time she saw it around town she knew it was me or Kenyon because there isn't another like it...recognizable and one of kind. The return of the blue ant.

3 comments: