Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Interesting International Facts

I recently visited Ethiopia for the first time and learned that they have 13 months in their annual calendar. What does that mean? It means they are celebrating the millenium until September. That's right Y2K. I took a picture of a tourism sign that said: "Ethiopia, giving the world a second chance to celebrate the millenium." That also means in Ethiopia I'm still in my twenties - fancy that seven years shaved off just by stepping off the airplane!

I also learned from one of the staff in Kenya that a greeting is not complete until the greeters shake hands or hug. Simply waving or saying "hello" is not sufficient and could be considered rude. So, if you are ever in Kenya, make sure to include hand shakes in your greetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment